Print this page www.everyclick.com
How to sign up
1. To create an account with Everyclick, click on 'sign in' in the account bar in the top right hand corner of the web page (see below).
Don't worry if you have the name of a charity instead of 'All Supported Charities' below this link, you can change this at any time.
2. Then choose 'Not registered? Sign up now'. You will then be taken to a form where you can fill in your details. We do not show any of your personal details on the site other than your name.
How to choose or change your supported charity or fundraising page
1. To find a different charity to support or to donate to, select 'charities' from the drop-down menu of categories in the Everyclick search bar on any page and enter the name of your charity (see below).
2. In the search results, click on the name of the charity you've searched for, then mouseover the 'Get involved' button on their page and choose which action you'd like to perform. To change your charity for searching the web, shopping etc. choose 'Give as you Live'.
3. If you would like to choose a fundraising page to support instead of a charity, choose 'fundraising' from the drop down menu of categories on the search bar and enter the fundraiser's name.
4. Alternatively, you can make a one-off donation to any charity or fundraising page on the website without changing your 'Give as you Live' charity or page, via the 'Give money' option.
How to Give as you Live
Give as you Live is a way to raise money for charity, for free, doing what you would normally do on the web everyday.
Use Everyclick's Yahoo!-powered search engine to search the web, use the 'shopping' category to search for items you'd like to buy or use the 'eBay' category to search for items on eBay. As you search the web or buy through shopping and eBay, you will raise money for your charity.
You do not have to create an account to do this, but if you do, you can keep track of your giving history and change your supported charity easily.
You can support a different charity with Give as you Live to the charity you have set your fundraising page to support.
Alternatively, you can support your own fundraising page with Give as you Live by searching for your page and selecting 'Give as you Live' from the giving options.
How to create a fundraising page
Creating a fundraising page will allow you to collect sponsorship online for your fundraising event or appeal.
1. Sign up with Everyclick. If you already have an account, make sure you have signed in.
2. Search for the charity you would like your fundraising page to support by selecting the category 'charities' from the drop-down menu on the Everyclick search bar on any page.
3. Enter the name of your charity and click the search button.
4. Click on the link for your charity's name and go to their page. On their page, mouseover the 'Get involved' button and select the 'Create a fundraising page' option. If this option is not shown, but 'Sign up' is, then you will need to sign in - if you haven't signed up , create your account now.
5. Fill out the fields on your 'my page' tab. Remember that the more information you add to the description section of your page, the more interesting your page will look.
6. Add a YouTube video to spice up your page. Either make your own about your fundraising, or add one which shows what your charity does.
7. Let your supporters know how your fundraising or preparation is going via regular blog or Twitter posts - you can add the RSS feeds to your page.
8. Once you have created your page you can manage it simply by going into your account. Click on the down arrow on your account bar in the top right hand corner of the web page and click the link 'your account'.
9. Go to the 'my page' tab in your account to see your fundraising page details.
You can also support your own fundraising page as you 'Give as you Live'.
How to create a fundraising group
If you are a company, school or college you can create a group that all your staff or students can join, so you can see how much you've raised in total.
You can also create a group to join fundraisers together so you can all see how much you have raised collectively for your cause.
1. A fundraiser with an account can create a group. Go to your account via the 'down' arrow on the account bar in the top right corner of the page.
2. Go to the my groups tab in your account and fill in the fields. You can choose a unique URL for your group e.g. http://www.everyclick.com/myfundraisinggroup. You can then use this to invite your staff, students or friends to join your group.
3. Once you have created your group it might take up to three minutes for it to appear in the search results (make sure you search in the 'fundraising' category). You can create as many groups as you like, but once you have created one, it cannot be deleted nor the URL changed.
If you would like your fundraising page to be in your fundraising group, make sure you set up your group first. When you create your fundraising page you will be able to select a group that you want your appeal to be in.
People do not have to create an account to be in your group, they can support it anonymously.
You can change the charity your group support at any time, but this will also change the Give as you Live charity for all members of your group. They will be informed when they next sign in to their account.
Any member can leave a group by joining another group or by selecting a different charity or fundraising page to support.
How to shop with Everyclick
When you go shopping through Everyclick, a percentage of your shopping basket will be donated to your charity. Also when you search for and buy an item on eBay through Everyclick, a donation will be made to your charity.
1. Make sure you have created an account with Everyclick, have chosen the charity you want to support and are signed in (see your account bar in the top right hand corner).
2. Select the category 'Shopping' or 'eBay' from the drop down box in the Everyclick seach bar on any page. 'Shopping' will allow you to search a wide range of well-known retail websites on the web via Shop.com. 'eBay' will let you search the auction website.
3. Enter the item you wish to buy, and click 'search'.
4. View and buy your item via the link in Everyclick (item will open in a new window or tab) and a donation will be made to your charity. The time taken for this donation to appear on your account can vary depending on the shopping partner you made the purchase with, but will usually be available within 7 days.
How to view and change your account details
You account bar can be seen in the top right hand corner of the page. This shows which charity or fundraising page you are supporting with 'Give as you Live' and whether you are signed in or not.
Click the 'down' arrow for more information about your fundraising. To go to your account, then click the 'your account' link.
In your account you can change details such as your name and your email address. You can set up a fundraising page or group, and view your giving history including all the charities and fundraising pages you have previously supported.
How to set a new page as your homepage
To change your homepage in Internet Explorer, go to 'Tools' on your browser's tool bar, then go to 'Internet Options' and 'General'. Enter http://www.everyclick.com into the space for your homepage, or click the 'Use current' button if you are already on the page you want to use.
In Firefox, go to 'Tools', 'Options', 'Main' and enter your home page address.
If you are using a Mac and your browser is Safari, go to Safari on your top tool bar, then 'Preferences' and 'General', and enter http://www.everyclick.com into the space for your homepage. If your browser is Firefox, go to Firefox on your top tool bar and follow the same procedure.